This single serve Chocolate Chunk Brownie In A Bowl is the perfect ending to a THM S dinner (or a delicious dessert to enjoy with a cup of coffee!). It only takes 3 minutes to whip up; a great option when you’re pressed for time and can’t whip up a whole batch.
Got more time on your hands? You may enjoy these on-plan, large batch brownie recipes:
And since I’m a big believer in dessert for breakfast, you can be sure I often start my day with this treat, too!
Double the recipe for a delicious date night dessert!
A great source of protein and good fats, Chocolate Chunk Brownie In A Bowl is naturally gluten-free, and doesn’t require any special ingredients to make. You can even make it dairy-free by using coconut oil instead of butter.
You’ll just need the following:
- butter (or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- sweetener (I used xylitol, but you can also use Gentle Sweet in half the amount)
- cocoa powder
- almond flour
- flaxseed meal
- coconut flour
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- mineral salt
- 85% dark chocolate
A dusting of Swerve confectioner’s sugar, whipped cream, and/or berries are optional, but an easy way to make this dessert extra special!
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp xylitol (OR use 1 tbsp Gentle Sweet)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of mineral salt
- 1 square 85% dark chocolate, chopped
- Optional: Swerve confectioner's sugar for dusting or whipped cream for garnish
- Stir butter, egg, sweetener, cocoa powder, almond flour, flaxseed meal, coconut flour, vanilla, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl until smooth. Stir in chocolate chunks. Microwave for 1 minute, or until cooked through. Dust with low-carb sugar replacement, or garnish with whipped cream, melted chocolate, and/or berries!
Xylitol can be replaced with Gentle Sweet in half the amount or Super Sweet in a quarter of the amount.
For a sweeter brownie, you can use Lily's or Trim Healthy Mama chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chunks.