These Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies were inspired by you! I’ve seen many requests for cakey brownies (as opposed to fudgy, gooey ones), and this recipe is my attempt to deliver just that!
Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies can also be made dairy-free by using coconut oil instead of butter!
This gluten-free, sugar-free, low carb brownie is a delicious Trim Healthy Mama S treat, and it couldn’t possibly be easier to make! Stick everything in a bowl (or blender), and beat it until smooth.
Yep, that’s all there’s to it!
You don’t need any special ingredients to whip this recipe up either:
- almond butter
- butter or coconut oil
- sweetener (I used xylitol, but you can also use Gentle Sweet in half the amount)
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- almond extract (optional: wonderful if you like a more pronounced almond flavor)
- baking soda
- mineral salt
- optional: espresso powder – this adds a level of richness to your brownie
This is a great recipe to serve someone who doesn’t (yet) eat according to the Trim Healthy Mama plan. You can’t even tell these Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies are good for you! My kids love them plain, and I enjoy them on occasion for breakfast with berries.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 cup xylitol OR 1/4 cup Gentle Sweet
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp mineral salt
- optional: 1 tsp espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease an 8x8" baking pan.
- Dump all ingredients into blender and process until smooth (or use a mixer). Spread batter evenly into pan (batter will be very thick). Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely before serving.