We love using low-carb wraps for quesadillas (check out these Pizza Quesadillas and Steak & Cheese Quesadillas for our two favorite versions!), but according to our kids, these French Toast Wraps are the best use of them ever!
A quick and easy breakfast or dessert, these French Toast wraps are made by dredging low-carb Mission wraps in a mixture made from egg, nut milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, and then fried in butter on both sides until golden brown. The result is a mouth-watering, crepe-like wrap that’s easy to flip and fold without sticking to the pan or breaking!
Since only one low-carb wrap can be enjoyed in an S meal without crossing Fuels, I recommend going nuts with the filling! A cup of raspberries or strawberries, whipped cream, melted chocolate, and/or sugar-free maple syrup (Nature’s Hollow is Trim Healthy Mama approved), turns a single French Toast Wrap into a very filling breakfast or dessert!
Normally, I don’t use “special ingredients” in my recipes, but low-carb Mission Wraps are my exception to this rule, especially during this busy season of our lives with a baby and homeschooling 6 kids. If you’re not a Purist and don’t eat them too often (once a week is fine), I think it’s totally worth buying them in bulk online and storing in the freezer! Even though they’re considered a “Frankenfood,” because they contain some off-plan ingredients, they fit within the carb limit for S meals.
Low Carb Mission Wraps
- 2 low carb wraps
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Optional filling:
- whipped cream
- melted 85% dark chocolate
- sugar-free maple syrup
- low-carb Confectioner's sugar (Swerve)
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg, nut milk, and cinnamon.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Dip each wrap into the egg mixture to coat, and fry, one at a time, in melted butter, turning once until golden brown on both sides.
- Fill with whipped cream, berries, sugar-free maple syrup, and dust with Swerve confectioner's sugar, or melted 85% dark chocolate, if you like.