There are already so many wonderful Trim Healthy Mama-friendly strawberry desserts to choose from, but I couldn’t resist sharing a new favorite recipe that reminds me of a dessert my Mom used to make. This Pink Strawberry Delight is light, refreshing, pretty and easy-peasy! A THM S without any special ingredients, it’s a budget friendly dessert that’s perfect for Easter, bridal and baby showers.
I used sour cream in this recipe, but you could also use Greek yogurt to lighten it up even more. You will need gelatin to set this dessert, but if you can’t afford Just Gelatin or the Great Lakes brand, 2 Tbsp of Knox unflavored gelatin will work just as well (minus the health benefits of a beef-based product).
I used xylitol as my sweetener in this recipe (it tastes the most like sugar to me, we don’t have pets, and I can find it locally), but you can easily use half the amount in Gentle Sweet instead, or a quarter of the amount in Super Sweet.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp xylitol (OR 1 1/2 tsp Gentle Sweet)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup xylitol (OR 1/4 cup Gentle Sweet)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 Tbsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- naturally sweetened whipped cream
- fresh strawberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Melt butter and 1 Tbsp of xylitol together. Remove from heat and stir in almond flour. Press into an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- For the filling, warm whipping cream, sour cream, and sweetener over medium-low heat until sweetener is dissolved. Do not boil. In the meantime, mash strawberries through a fine sieve. You should end up with approx. 1 1/2 cups of strawberry "juice" and 2-3 tbsp of pulp. Discard the pulp and add the remaining juice to the cream mixture.
- Soften gelatin in water in a separate bowl for 5 minutes. Scrape gelatin mixture into cream and stir until completely dissolved. Pour filling over crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Optional: garnish with naturally sweetened whipped cream and berries.