Did you know you can make fluffy pancakes with [easyazon_link identifier=”B01A1G47L0″ locale=”US” tag=”northern-nester-ea-20″]collagen[/easyazon_link]?! I discovered this somewhat by accident when experimenting with this Cinnamon Protein Pancake recipe and I love how they turned out!
E meals often get a bad rap because some people don’t think they keep you feeling full for very long. Admittedly, it’s trickier to find a variety of lean protein sources to keep you satisfied in an E meal than in an S meal where both lean and fatty protein sources can be used without crossing fuels. But, if you can get a proper balance of lean protein and healthy carbs without the use of fat, E meals are life changing, especially if you’re a Mom, pregnant, and otherwise feeling run down and tired! E meals give you energy!
To be sure I felt full, I put 3 of these fluffy pancakes on my plate after I made them, topped them with a wonderful blueberry compote (recipe below), and a little low-fat whipped cream. Wouldn’t you know it, I could only eat one, and my hubby ran into the same problem!
There’s so much protein in these Cinnamon Protein Pancakes from the [easyazon_link identifier=”B01A1G47L0″ locale=”US” tag=”northern-nester-ea-20″]collagen[/easyazon_link], egg whites, and fat free Greek yogurt, that we were stuffed after one pancake! You should be able to get 5-6 pancakes out of this recipe, so you’ll easily be able to serve 3-4 people….even 5, if you find them as filling as we did!
Alternatively, you can freezer these Cinnamon Protein Pancakes and warm them up in a toaster oven or microwave as needed! A great prep ahead E breakfast!
We love these Cinnamon Protein Pancakes with a fruit compote. I’ve included the recipe for a blueberry compote here, but you could use almost any fruit, or a mix of them, fresh or frozen, since this is an E meal anyway! Berries, peaches, pears, apples…anything goes.
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”500″ identifier=”B002AJ0SZ6″ locale=”US” src=”https://northernnester.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/41pcA6PGtL.jpg” tag=”northern-nester-ea-20″ width=”187″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B073VWDLH4″ locale=”US” tag=”northern-nester-ea-20″]Natures Hollow Sugar-Free Maple Flavored Syrup, 10 Ounce (Pack of 2)[/easyazon_link]
Or, douse these pancakes in a sugar-free maple syrup if that’s your thing. [easyazon_link identifier=”B002AJ0SZ6″ locale=”US” tag=”northern-nester-ea-20″]Nature’s Hollow[/easyazon_link] is plan-approved.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp collagen
- 1 tbsp xylitol (OR 1/2 tbsp Gentle Sweet)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup egg whites (5-6 egg whites)
- 4 tablespoons 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon butter or coconut oil
- BLUEBERRY COMPOTE
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- optional: sweetener to taste
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- In a bowl, mix oat flour, collagen, baking powder, and cinnamon until fully blended. Add egg whites and Greek yogurt to the bowl and beat until a batter-like consistency is reached. Melt butter or coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour in batter by 1/4 cup-fulls and cook pancakes until bubbles form all around the top of the pancake, then flip and cook for a few more minutes, or until cooked through.
- To make the blueberry compote, bring blueberries, lemon juice, and optional sweetener to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and whisk in xanthan gum until thickened. Pour over pancakes and enjoy!
- Optional: garnish with Fat-free Reddi Whip.