A sweet and tender cinnamon loaf is the perfect accompaniment to a hot cup of coffee on a cool day!
A THM S, this cinnamon loaf is also keto-friendly, low-carb, gluten-free, and can even be made dairy-free if you leave off the cream cheese frosting and use coconut oil instead of butter in the loaf.
You don’t need any special ingredients to make this cinnamon loaf:
- butter (or coconut oil)
- unsweetened almond butter (I got mine for a great price at Costco)
- sweetener (I used xylitol, but you could use Gentle Sweet in half the amount or Super Sweet in a quarter of the amount)
- vanilla extract
- almond flour
- golden flaxseed meal
- baking soda
- mineral salt
- cream cheese
- Swerve icing sugar
A streusel-like topping is baked on top of the cinnamon loaf, and then drizzled in a cream cheese frosting – truly a treat for the senses! You could leave the frosting off if you want, but I think it takes the cinnamon loaf from good to great!
I used a stone loaf pan to bake my cinnamon loaf and needed to bake it for 1 hour and 10 minutes before it was done. I decreased the time in the recipe to an hour because most people use a tin loaf pan which bakes goods a little quicker than stone. Just be sure to watch your cinnamon loaf as it’s baking. A good rule of thumb is to start checking for doneness when you start smelling that cozy aroma in the kitchen. 🙂
This tender, sweet cinnamon loaf is the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee on a cool day! A THM S, keto, low-carb, and gluten-free breakfast or snack without any special ingredients!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup xylitol (OR 1/4 cup Gentle Sweet)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp mineral salt
- CRUMB TOPPING
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp butter, soft
- 3 tbsp xylitol (OR 1 1/2 tbsp Gentle Sweet)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: 2 tbsp finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2oz cream cheese, very soft
- 1 tbsp butter, very soft
- 2 tbsp Swerve icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Add in melted butter, almond butter, sweetener, and vanilla. Beat mixture until smooth and well blended. In a separate bowl, stir almond flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt together. Add to wet ingredients and stir until smooth (batter will be thick). Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Mix all of the crumb topping ingredients together in a small bowl. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until knife comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese frosting ingredients together. Spread or pipe on top of cooled loaf. Enjoy!
You can make this recipe dairy-free too, by leaving off the cream cheese frosting and using coconut oil instead of butter in the loaf.
If you love cinnamon in other “bread-y” things, you’ll probably enjoy these THM recipes too!