Strawberry Spinach Salad is one of our family favorites. All of our kids love it (minus the red onions…those are put there for Brad and I) and even consider it a “dessert” because of the strawberries! We eat it year-round, but it tastes the best with new baby greens and freshly picked strawberries which are almost in season!
This is a Trim Healthy Mama ‘S’ recipe because of the cheese and nuts. (If you’re not on-plan and want to save some time, it’s also delicious served with a store-bought, creamy poppy-seed dressing or a raspberry vinaigrette.)
- 4 cups baby spinach, or mixed greens
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp raspberry jam (THM's can use a stevia-sweetened jam, such as Smuckers)
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Arrange spinach on 4 individual salad plates. Top with strawberries, onion, nuts, and cheese.
- Poppy Seed Dressing: Combine remaining ingredients in a jar and shake or stir together. Drizzle over salads.