Mocha is one of my favorite flavors, and cheesecake is one of my favorite types of dessert, so I combined the two into these low-carb, no-bake (except for the crust), gluten-free Mocha Cheesecake Squares!
A THM S dessert, these Mocha Cheesecake Squares couldn’t be easier to make. They don’t require any special ingredients, and because you don’t have to bake the filling, you’re guaranteed a beautiful presentation with no need for a water-bath, and no worries about it cracking!
All you need to make these Mocha Cheesecake Squares:
- instant coffee
- mineral salt
- almond flour
- cocoa powder
- unflavored gelatin (I used 1 packet of Knox unflavored, but Just Gelatin or Great Lakes gelatin will also work)
- strongly brewed coffee
- cream cheese
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 85% dark Lindt chocolate
The smooth, silky, mocha-flavored filling of these Mocha Cheesecake Squares is very high in protein, thanks to the use of Greek yogurt! You can also use sour cream instead of Greek yogurt if that’s what you have on hand, but this is an easy way to use up yogurt, especially if you don’t care for it plain.
I could eat the crust of this dessert all by itself. It’s similar in taste and texture to an Oreo cookie crust, but completely free of refined sugars and flours! If you’d like thinner slices and more servings, you can double the crust portion of this recipe, bake it in a 9×13″ pan, and keep the filling amount the same.
These Mocha Cheesecake Squares are not overly sweet (I like to taste my coffee!), so you may wish to increase the amount of sweetener to your own liking. I used xylitol in this recipe, but you can also use Gentle Sweet in half the amount, or Super Sweet in a quarter of the amount, if you prefer.
These low-carb, gluten-free, high-protein Mocha Cheesecake Squares don't require any special ingredients to make and are a cinch to whip up! Because the filling is a no-bake, you're guaranteed a perfectly smooth, beautiful, and absolutely delicious dessert!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp xylitol (OR use Gentle Sweet in half the amount)
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- pinch of mineral salt
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup xylitol (OR use Gentle Sweet in half the amount)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 3.5oz bar 85% Lindt chocolate, melted
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt and stir butter, xylitol, instant coffee, and salt together, until sweetener is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in almond flour and cocoa powder. Press into 8x8" baking dish. Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes. Cool.
- For the no-bake cheesecake, sprinkle gelatin over coffee in a small saucepan; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and xylitol together until smooth. Beat in Greek yogurt, melted chocolate and reserved coffee mixture until blended. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm. Dust with cocoa powder.
Instead of xylitol, you can use Gentle Sweet in half the amount, or Super Sweet in a quarter of the amount for your sweetener.
Dress up this dessert even further with a swirl of whipped cream on top of each slice!
For thinner squares and more servings, you may wish to double the crust portion of the recipe, bake it in a 9x13" pan, and keep the amount of filling the same.
If you love coffee-flavored desserts, I’ll bet you’d enjoy these Trim Healthy Mama-friendly ones, too!
Mocha Roll (S)