For the longest time, I avoided making myself E sandwiches because I simply couldn’t load them up with enough moisture for my liking without turning my meal into a Crossover. Pre-THM, I was the girl who loaded her bread with mayo, butter, and cheese. Lettuce, mustard, and meat were more like after thoughts. 😀
My sandwich conundrum changed, however, when I first made a Fuel Pull copy-cat version of Swiss Chalet’s famous sauce. American friends, Swiss Chalet is a Canadian restaurant chain that specializes in rotisserie chicken and all its variations…similar to Chick-Fil-A, I would guess.
Recently, I made the sauce a little thicker by whisking in a little more xanthum gum. This turned out to be the perfect condiment for an E sandwich! It’s absolutely loaded with flavor, and because it’s a Fuel Pull, you can be as generous with it as you want! Now I can douse my sprouted bread with moisture in still stay in an E setting. One batch of sauce provides one week of amazing sandwiches and makes it so easy to get in an E a day.
To me, the ultimate E sandwich consists of:
- two slices of sprouted bread (Silver Hills)
- one wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese (Creamy Swiss Herb & Garlic, or Creamy Swiss French Onion)
- cucumber slices
- leftover cooked chicken breast
- Boston leaf lettuce
- a tablespoon or two (or three, four) of copy-cat Swiss Chalet sauce
- optional: mustard
- optional: tomato slices
Here’s how I put it together:
- Spread one slice of sprouted bread with Laughing Cow wedge. Arrange shredded, cooked chicken breast on the other slice and pour copy-cat Swiss Chalet sauce over top. Heat in oven or toaster oven at 350 F for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is heated through.
- Place cucumber slices, lettuce, mustard and tomato slices over top of the chicken slice and top with toasted Laughing Cow slice.
- Pour more Swiss Chalet sauce over top of the entire sandwich, if desired, and enjoy immediately!