Our two youngest kids adore the instant packets of Peaches And Cream Oatmeal, but they’re about as nutritionally void as they are convenient. With almost no protein to act as a buffer, those highly refined carbohydrates hit the bloodstream very quickly and don’t keep them feeling full for very long.
This Trim Healthy Mama-friendly version of Peaches And Cream Oatmeal is much easier on the blood sugar and very filling even though it contains hardly any fat.
Sustenance comes from the protein in:
- old fashioned oats
- cashew (or almond) milk
- collagen (optional, but recommended as a lean source of flavorless, dairy-free protein)
- 0% fat Greek yogurt
You don’t need any special ingredients for this yummy breakfast. In addition to the ingredients above, this Peaches And Cream Oatmeal recipe is rounded out by:
- xylitol (or use Gentle Sweet in half the amount)
- peaches (fresh, frozen, or canned in water – it doesn’t matter)
- molasses (optional, but it gives a nice “brown sugar” flavor)
- a pinch of mineral salt
- vanilla extract
Making this Peaches And Cream Oatmeal is nearly as fast boiling water for the instant packet variety. It’s a simple matter of putting everything together in a saucepan, bringing to a boil, and simmering for a few minutes!
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped peaches (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 Tbsp collagen
- 1 Tbsp xylitol (or 1/2 Tbsp Gentle Sweet)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp molasses
- pinch of mineral salt
- 2 Tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
- Put all ingredients except yogurt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt until smooth. Enjoy immediately.
Looking for more ways to enjoy oatmeal?
Here are some of my other Trim Healthy Mama E oatmeal breakfasts: