It’s challenging for me to come up with Trim Healthy Mama E meals that I truly love. You may have noticed that most of the recipes on this site are S meals. I enjoy those the most and they’re the easiest to create, but consuming healthy carbs is important for hormonal stability and keeping my metabolism revved, so I’m challenging myself to make E meals that are a delight to eat! This Apple Pie Oatmeal is one of them.
Very frugally made without the use of special ingredients, Apple Pie Oatmeal is a single-serve breakfast that you can whip up with Trim Healthy Mama pantry staples: oats, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla extract, cashew or almond milk, apple (Mutsu apples are delicious in this recipe!), and a scant teaspoon of butter.
Nut milk is the source of protein in this breakfast, but you should really have more in a meal. I highly recommend eating Apple Pie oatmeal with a generous scoop of 0% fat Greek yogurt on top, or pairing it with a collagen-infused coffee.
- scant tsp butter
- 1/2 an apple, chopped with skin on
- 1 tsp Gentle Sweet
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup old fashioned gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add apples, Gentle Sweet, and cinnamon and saute until just cooked (about 5 minutes).
- While apples are cooking, pour oatmeal and nut milk into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until desired consistency. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour oatmeal into bowl and dump the apple-cinnamon mixture on top. Enjoy!
Nut milk is the source of protein in this breakfast, but you should really have more in a meal. I recommend eating Apple Pie oatmeal with a generous scoop of 0% fat Greek yogurt on top or pairing it with a collagen-infused coffee.