I wasn’t sure how well this Ham, Swiss Cheese & Asparagus Quiche would fly with my family, since our kids are certain they don’t like eating green “twigs,” but I was pleasantly surprised when they wolfed down the entire thing in one meal…and asked me to make it again!
Ham, Swiss Cheese & Asparagus are a winning trio of flavors, and the savory crust takes this low-carb, keto-compatible, gluten-free, Trim Healthy Mama S main dish to the next level!
You could even forgo the crust to save yourself some time and ingredients, if you like: the crust-less version of this Ham, Swiss Cheese & Asparagus Quiche is equally satisfying!
This Springy Quiche doesn’t require any special ingredients to make and is a fantastic way to use up eggs! It’s full of protein and good fats. Using a smoked ham makes it super speedy to put together, and if you don’t have a ham on hand, bacon makes a great substitute. (Always.)
This Ham, Swiss Cheese & Asparagus Quiche is crazy versatile. You can sub the ham with bacon, sausage, or chicken; the Swiss Cheese with Cheddar (or some other favorite!); and the asparagus with a different non-starchy vegetable such as spinach or broccoli! You could also add chopped peppers, mushrooms, or a bit of tomato to the filling, if you like.
A complete meal by itself, you can serve this dish “as is,” for breakfast, lunch, or supper, or make it part of a fancier meal by accompanying it with a soup and salad.
This Ham, Swiss Cheese and Asparagus Quiche combines a winning trio of flavors, and the savory crust takes this low-carb, keto-compatible, gluten-free, Trim Healthy Mama S main dish to the next level!
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb. asparagus, chopped into bite-sized pieces and steamed until tender-crisp
- 1 cup cubed smoked ham
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- To make the crust, melt butter in a small saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir in almond flour, Parmesan cheese, and egg. Press into 9-10" pie pate. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from heat, set aside, and increase oven temperature to 375 F.
- To make the filling, saute onion in butter until onion is translucent (you can steam the asparagus during this time too, if you haven't already done so).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and cream together. Stir in sauted onions, steamed asparagus, cubed ham, grated Swiss cheese, and ground pepper. Pour filling into pie crust. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Looking for another delicious way to enjoy asparagus?
Try these Chicken & Bacon Asparagus Bundles! So easy and flavorful! A THM S.