All the credit for this delicious recipe goes to a friend of a friend, who gave it to me with permission to share with you! We’re calling it Mrs. Pamela’s Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal, but since it’s a Trim Healthy Mama E Breakfast, you can substitute any fruit for the apple. Peaches and blueberries are also incredibly delicious here!
I used Lakanto’s Classic Monkfruit Golden 1:1 Sugar Substitute in this recipe. It gives a wonderful, “brown sugar” flavor to Mrs. Pamela’s Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal. If you don’t have any of this on hand (though I highly recommend it as a 1:1 substitute for brown sugar…and you can use the Coupon Code: northernnester to save 15% off your order!), you could also use xylitol in the same amount, or Gentle Sweet in half the amount with a teeny bit of molasses added in.
You can enjoy this Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal straight out of the oven, as a snack, or in a bowl with almond or cashew milk poured over top. Either way, it’s a deliciously filling way to enjoy some energizing carbs!
I like the texture of quick cooking oats best in this baked oatmeal, but old-fashioned plain also works wonderfully.
If you’re on a tight budget, E meals tend to be pretty frugal ways to stay on plan. Oatmeal is a cheap and healthy complex carbohydrate that’s higher in protein than most grains, and high in vitamins and minerals. It can lower bad cholesterol, regulate blood sugar, relieve constipation, and keep you feeling full! Apples, applesauce, and egg whites are all very budget-friendly, too. This Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is a fantastic way to keep a larger family happy, healthy, and on plan!
If you’re looking for more budget friendly, on-plan oatmeal recipes, check out this round-up of 11 Trim Healthy Mama E breakfasts that prove oatmeal is anything but boring!
Mrs. Pamela's Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is a super frugal, super easy, super delicious and filling way to feed the whole family on plan! A THM E, this recipe is free of both dairy and gluten!
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Golden 1:1 Sugar Substitute OR xylitol (OR use Gentle Sweet in half the amount)
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp mineral salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick cooking, or old fashioned)
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- Optional: 1 Tbsp Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Golden 1:1 Sugar Substitute to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x9" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk applesauce, sweetener, egg whites, almond milk and vanilla extract together. In a separate bowl, stir together salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and oatmeal. Add to wet ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in chopped apple. Pour into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Optional: sprinkle with 1 Tbsp Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Golden 1:1 Sugar Substitute.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Serve hot or cold, with or without almond milk poured over top!
You can prepare this dish the night before and bake it in the morning as directed.
Any fruit may be substituted for the apple. Peaches and blueberries are especially good!