A graham cracker-like crust, a cheesecake middle, and a sweet blueberry topping…this low-carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, Trim Healthy Mama Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie is a triple treat, and it couldn’t be easier to make!
Not only is it free of special ingredients, it also contains very few of them!
To whip up this beautiful Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie, you’ll just need the following:
- sweetener (I used xylitol, but you can use Gentle Sweet in half the amount, or Super Sweet in a quarter of the amount, if you prefer)
- almond flour
- mineral salt
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- fresh or frozen blueberries
- xanthan gum
Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie is incredibly versatile, too. You don’t have to make it in a pie dish; you could also bake it as a cheesecake in a spring form pan, or double the recipe and use a 9×13 to feed a crowd.
And you don’t need to use blueberries either.
Any berry is appropriate for THM S dishes and will work with this dessert, too. Cranberries would be a festive alternative. Raspberries may require more sweetener to offset their natural tartness. Strawberries are a sweet option, and a combination of mixed berries is pretty and homey.
This delicious Blueberry Cream Cheese Custard Pie is so easy to make and incredibly satisfying! A graham cracker-like crust, cheesecake filling, and sweet blueberry topping make this THM S dessert a no-special-ingredient crowd pleaser!
- 1/4 cup buter
- 2 tbsp xylitol (OR 1 tbsp Gentle Sweet)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of mineral salt
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 2 8oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup xylitol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- BLUEBERRY TOPPING:
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- To make the crust, preheat oven to 350 F. Melt butter and xylitol together in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon and almond flour. Press into a 9-10" pie plate. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 325 F.
- To make the filling, beat cream cheese, xylitol, and vanilla together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour filling into crust, and spread out evenly. Bake at 325 F until filling is just set, about 30 minutes. Cool.
- To make the blueberry topping, stir blueberries, water, xylitol, and xanthum gum together in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to low, cover, and simmer for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool slightly before pouring over pie. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Optional: top with whipped cream.
You can substitute the xylitol with Gentle Sweet in half the amount, or Super Sweet in a quarter of the amount.
Use any berry, or a mix, in place of the blueberries!