It feels so good to be back in the kitchen creating new, Trim Healthy Mama recipes! I’ve missed you all! Perhaps I’ll post a pregnancy update later this week, but let’s get straight to these deliciously moist zucchini cinnamon muffins!
My garden is overflowing with zucchini at the moment. I adore the Trimtastic Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe from the first Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook, but sometimes I want a change from chocolate, and these low-carb muffins are a wonderful alternative! My hubby and kids enjoy them as much as I do!
Ingredients you’ll need:
1/3 cup coconut flour*
1/3 cup almond flour*
1/3 cup golden flaxseed meal*
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp mineral salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2/3 cup pureed zucchini
1/3 cup xylitol (OR use Gentle Sweet in half the amount)
1/4 cup butter, very soft
* You don’t need any special ingredients to make this recipe, but if you prefer, you can substitute 1 cup of Trim Healthy Baking Blend for the coconut flour, almond flour, and golden flaxseed meal.
These Zucchini Cinnamon Muffins call for 1/2 a cup of xylitol, but I’ve also used 1/3 of a cup – perfect if you like things less sweet. Also, if you don’t have or use xylitol, you can use Gentle Sweet in half the amount, or Super Sweet in a quarter of the amount.
You’ll notice I’ve called for pureed zucchini instead of shredded. I’m sure shredded will work just as well, but my kids are picky about having green pieces in their food, and it’s less detectable if you puree the zucchini in a blender first. 1-2 small zucchinis should be all you need.
Zucchini Cinnamon Muffins taste good straight out of the oven, but they’re incredible the next day! Toasted with a little butter….oh my! You’d never guess you’re eating on plan!
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup pureed zucchini
- 1/3 cup xylitol (OR use Gentle Sweet in half the amount)
- 1/4 cup butter, very soft
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin pan with 9 muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, stir coconut flour, almond flour, flaxseed meal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, beat together pureed zucchini, xylitol, butter, and eggs together until smooth. Add in dry ingredients and beat until thick. Divide batter evenly between muffin liners.
- Bake at 350 F. for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
You can substitute 1 cup of Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend for the flours and flaxseed meal, if you prefer.