Watching your friend bite into a sticky sweet s’more can be absolute torture when you have a gluten intolerance. You might wonder if it is worth it to “risk it for the biscuit.” But what if there was a way that you too could enjoy this tasty treat? Luckily for you, there is.
So, where can you buy gluten-free graham-style crackers?
Gluten-free graham-style crackers are available at most local grocery stores such as Walmart, Target, Whole Foods, and Thrive Organic Market. If you don’t have one of these retailers nearby, you can order gluten-free graham crackers from online retailers such as Amazon and Pamela’s Products.
Are you looking for a tasty alternative to the original graham crackers? Something gluten-free and easy to source?
Well, this guide will provide you with all the information you need on where to buy gluten-free graham crackers.
Are There Gluten-Free Graham Crackers?
While traditional graham crackers are not gluten-free, today, you can find quite a number of these tasty graham-style crackers that do not contain gluten. Even better is the fact that you can choose from different brands that have a range of flavors, such as:
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Cheddar cheese
- Original flavor
What Graham Crackers can a Gluten-Free Person Eat?
The traditional graham crackers brands are made from graham flour (also known as whole wheat pastry flour), a wholewheat flour that hasn’t been sifted.
This ingredient is why traditional graham crackers are an absolute no-go for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease (the immune system attacks your tissues when you consume gluten).
Let us take a closer look at some of the store-bought graham crackers that a gluten-intolerant person can safely eat:
- Pamela’s Products’ gluten-free graham cracker range comes in various tasty flavors such as chocolate chip, honey Grahams, cinnamon graham crackers, and a new grain-free cracker option.
- Nairns are the best graham crackers for making s’mores (chocolate and toasted marshmallows sandwiched between two graham crackers). They come in various flavors, such as apple cinnamon, chocolate chip, and stem ginger.
- Schar Gluten-Free Honeygrams only comes in one flavor and are great for use as a pie crust.
- Annie’s Gluten-Free Bunny Graham Cookies are perfect for your kids’ lunchboxes and have a pleasant snickerdoodle flavor (cinnamon and honey).
- Kinnikinnick’s S’moreables gluten-free graham crackers are very popular and can be found in most stores. These crackers are slightly smaller and thicker than traditional graham crackers.
Top Tip: If you’re making a pie crust out of graham-style crackers, it’s essential to know that the gluten-free range does not come in the same size packaging as the original. So rather, crush the crackers and measure out the graham cracker crumbs for your recipe.
Another option is to make your own gluten-free graham-style crackers at home using gluten-free ingredients such as:
- Corn starch
- Brown rice flour
- Brown sugar or maple syrup
- Baking powder
- Blue Diamond Almond Milk
You can add chocolate or cinnamon to your recipe to spice things up a bit.
Are Gluten-Free Graham Crackers Healthy?
Gluten-free graham crackers are pretty low in calories and are very nice for snacking on or making the occasional s’more. However, these crackers don’t offer much when it comes to fiber content and nutrients.
These crackers are also low in fat and protein and are mainly a source of carbs. There is also very little sodium in them, and they have no cholesterol. This all sounds great, but it is the high sugar content that makes it not the healthiest cracker option around.
Some of the crackers have added honey or maple syrup to make them taste even nicer (and unhealthier). Gluten-free graham crackers should, therefore, be eaten in moderation.
Remember to give these crackers to your children as an occasional treat only.
Top Tip: Eat your gluten-free graham cracker with some fruit, raisins, or peanut butter to make this snack a little healthier.
Where Can You Buy Gluten-Free Graham Crackers?
According to research, about 6% (around 20 million people) of the U.S. population have gluten intolerance and suffer from celiac disease, and the numbers are climbing.
Luckily, it’s pretty easy to source and buys gluten-free graham crackers online or at your local grocery store.
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular places where you can buy gluten-free graham crackers:
- Whole Foods stock Pamela’s Products gluten-free Honey Grahams and Kinnikinnick’s S’moreables. You can visit your nearest store or place an order online.
- Thrive Organic Market stocks Shar’s Honeygrams cookies and Pamela’s Products Honey Grahams.
- Walmart stocks a variety of gluten-free graham crackers, such as Annie’s Bunny Grahams and Great Value Honey Graham crackers. You can also order online if you don’t have a local store in your area.
- Target stocks Annie’s Bunny Grahams and Pamela’s Products Honey Grahams. Target also offers an online option.
- Amazon stocks a wide variety of gluten-free graham-style crackers such as Kinnikinnick’s S’moreables, Nairn’s Ginger Oat Grahams, and Pamela’s Cinnamon Grahams.
Another option is to order directly from the suppliers:
- Pamela’s Products offers free shipping for all orders over $59.
- Kinnikinnick offers free shipping for all orders over $50.
What Graham Crackers Are Gluten-Free at Walmart?
Walmart stocks the following gluten-free graham crackers:
- Schars Gluten-Free Honeygrams
- Kinnikinnick’s S’moreables
- Annie’s Bunny Grahams
- Great Value Honey Graham crackers
- Pamela’s Honey Grahams
- Pamela’s Cinnamon Grahams
- Glutino Graham Animal Crackers
- Once Again Peanut Butter Sandwiches (organic and gluten-free)
- Nairn’s Ginger Oat Grahams
- Mary’s Gone Kookies
- Blue Diamond Artisan Nut Thins
My Last Food Thoughts
Having a wheat or dairy intolerance can put a real damper on your baking or picnic plans. Luckily, with today’s health-conscious lifestyle, many people actually prefer eating gluten-free food (even if they don’t have an allergy).
Sticking to a gluten-free diet doesn’t mean you have to miss out on your usual snacks, as almost all retailers stock gluten-free products for your convenience.
So pop around to your closest Walmart or Target to grab a packet of Nairn’s gluten-free crackers, or place an order online.
It’s really that simple.