It’s no secret that Lemon is one of my favorite flavors (I have a round-up of all my favorite Lemon recipes here), but as much as I love making cakes look fancy, sometimes simple is best! This Simple Lemon Tart showcases just how delicious a minimal amount of work and ingredients can be.
A light dusting of Lakanto’s 2:1 Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener, and this Simple Lemon Tart turns into a beautiful dessert to serve guests! If you have the time to make something even more impressive, you could even pretty it up with swirls of whipped cream that are topped with blueberries, strawberries, and kiwifruit! It’s a Spring-time beauty that’s just as lovely dressed up or down.
Just how basic is this Simple Lemon Tart?
Let’s take a look at the ingredients:
- sweetener (I used Lakanto’s Classic 1:1 Monkfruit Sugar Substitute in the crust and filling, and Lakanto’s 2:1 Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener to dust the top. Alternatively, you can use xylitolin the same amount, or Trim Healthy Mama’s Gentle Sweet in half the amount).
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- lemon juice
- mineral salt
It’s all in how you put it together.
The simpleness of this recipe really shows off the lemon flavor. It’s quite tangy (just the way I like it!), but if you want to mellow it out a little, you can add whipped cream to the top or serve it with sweet strawberries and blueberries.
Interested in some or Lakanto’s Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener to dust the top of this Lemon Tart? You can use the Coupon Code: northernnester to save 15% OFF your entire order. 🙂
This Simple Lemon Tart showcases just how delicious a minimal amount of work and ingredients can be! A THM S with no special ingredients. Keto, and GF.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp xylitol or Lakanto's Classic 1:1 Monkfruit Sugar Substitute (OR use Gentle Sweet in half the amount)
- 1/4 tsp mineral salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup xylitol or Lakanto's Classic 1:1 Monkfruit Sugar Substitute (OR use Gentle Sweet in half the amount)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- pinch of mineral salt
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cubed
- OPTIONAL GARNISH:
- low-carb Confectioner's "Sugar" such as Swerve or Lakanto's 2:1 Powdered Monkfruit Sugar Substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- To make the crust, melt butter, sweetener, and salt together, until sweetener is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in almond and coconut flours. Press mixture into a 9" pan (I used a spring-form pan, but you can also use a tart pan, or baking dish). Prick all over with a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Reduce heat to 325 F.
- To make the filling, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, sweetener, lemon juice, and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until well blended. Add butter, whisking constantly, so you don't end up with scrambled egg bits. Pour filling over crust when mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set. Cool.
- Optional: dust with a low-carb sweetener, whipped cream, and/or berries.