There’s Ranch Dressing, and then there’s pickle juice Ranch Dressing! This wonder ingredient does so much more than provide amazing flavor to North America’s favorite salad dressing:
- it takes the yogurtiness out of the high-protein, low-fat dressing
- it thins out an otherwise thick dressing and makes this recipe a Fuel Pull
- it increases the amount of probiotics in the dressing if you use the juice from lacto fremented pickles like Bubbies
- it makes use of the pickle juice left over in a jar that not everybody loves drinking straight up
Since there are only 1.7 grams of fat in two tablespoons of this Pickle Juice Ranch Dressing, you can have a 1/4 cup of dressing on a salad and still be under your 5 grams of fat limit for E and FP meals!
There’s no reason for your low-fat salads and sandwiches to be low in moisture and flavor…Pickle Juice Ranch Dressing easily fixes that problem.
Making this Pickle Juice Ranch Dressing could not be any easier. It’s just a matter of dumping a few everyday ingredients into the blender and blending until it’s smooth. Boom. Done.
All you need to whip it up:
- 0% fat Greek yogurt
- pickle juice
- dried parsley
- Dijon mustard
- lemon juice
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- mineral salt
- ground black pepper
Pickle Juice Ranch Dressing keeps well in the fridge for a long time in a sealed jar or airtight container. Just give it a good shake or stir before using.
My favorite way to use it? In this Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad!
- 3/4 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice (use Lacto fermented pickles for probiotic benefits!)
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp mineral salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape sides of the blender if necessary.
- Dressing keeps well in the fridge for several days in an airtight container. Shake before use.
Serving Size:Serving Size: 2 tbsp
Amount Per Serving:Total Fat: 1.7g