This Orange Creamsicle Dessert tastes too good to be true, but it’s really Trim Healthy Mama friendly!
Loaded with protein and low in carbs, this Summery dessert is a cinch to put together and doesn’t taste a bit like “diet” food!
You don’t need any special ingredients to make this Orange Creamsicle Dessert. The shortbread-like crust is made from 3 simple ingredients:
The orange creamsicle-flavored filling is made from:
- heavy cream
- sweetener (again, I used xylitol, but Gentle Sweet can be subbed in half the amount)
- Greek yogurt (any fat % will do)
- orange extract
- optional: red and yellow food coloring
The wonderful thing about this dessert is that it sets into a perfect base for decorating with whipped cream and fresh fruit! Most fruit is an “E” fuel type, but you can easily garnish with kiwi, berries, lemon and lime, and still stay in S territory.
Food coloring is totally optional, but if you’d like a soft orange color like I have here to match the flavor, 2 drops of red food coloring and 5 drops of yellow will do.
This fresh, Summery dessert is has a delightful Orange Creamsicle flavor and is incredible easy to make! Nobody will be able to guess its a low-carb, high protein THM S treat! No special ingredients.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp xylitol (OR 1 1/2 tsp Gentle Sweet)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup xylitol (OR 1/4 cup Gentle Sweet)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp orange extract
- Optional: 1 drop red food coloring, 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Melt butter and 1 Tbsp of xylitol together. Remove from heat and stir in almond flour. Press into an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- For the filling, warm whipping cream and sweetener over medium-low heat until sweetener is dissolved. Do not boil.
- Soften gelatin in water in a separate bowl for 5 minutes. Scrape gelatin mixture into cream and stir until completely dissolved. Whisk in Greek yogurt, orange extract and optional food coloring. Pour filling over crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Optional: garnish with naturally sweetened whipped cream and berries or a few kiwi slices.