These low-carb sausage patties are out-of-this-world delicious, thanks to an ingredient that is famous for taking everything to the next level: bacon!
Yep, there’s a whole package of bacon blended up in these sausage patties, which make them ideal Trim Healthy Mama-friendly burgers too! The easy trick to infusing the ground pork with bacon flavor, is to freeze the bacon slices first, and then blitz them up into tiny pieces in a food processor or blender (I used my Ninja, and it did a marvelous job!).
Along with some fresh garlic and onion, a few additional seasonings are also added to the meat mixture before sitting in the fridge all day (or overnight, if you want to fry these up for breakfast):
These low carb sausage patties are wonderful with eggs for breakfast, or you can shape them into bigger patties and enjoy them as burgers on the Wonderful White Blender Bread from Trim Healthy Table baked in a muffin top pan!
Muffin Top Pan
Either way, these sausage patties are a flavorful way to enjoy a good dose of protein without any special ingredients. You’ll be able to get 20-25 small patties or 10-15 burgers from this recipe.
- 8 bacon slices, frozen and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 3/4 tsp mineral salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- Add first 8 ingredients to food processor or blender and pulse until minced. Pour into a large bowl and knead in ground pork until thoroughly combined and shaped into a ball. Cover, and refrigerate mixture for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow flavors to develop.
- Shape sausage into patties and fry several at a time over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side, or until lightly browned (thermometer should read 160 F). Keep warm until ready to serve.
These patties can be cooked and refrigerated or frozen. Reheat in microwave, or covered in the oven when ready to serve.