This gourmet low carb Pumpkin Spice Latte tastes like something you’d order at a coffee shop in the Fall, but it’s actually an easy Trim Healthy Mama Fuel Pull drink you can make at home without any special ingredients!
Equally easy, is turning this low carb Pumpkin Spice Latte into an S beverage, just by topping it with whipped cream (my favorite way to enjoy it, of course, but unfortunately, dairy has not been kind to me this pregnancy).
I feel like I’ve been swindled when I order something “Pumpkin Spice,” only to discover that it contains no actual pumpkin! Not so with this drink! There’s real pumpkin in this low carb Pumpkin Spice Latte, and it’s soooo good!
You don’t need any special ingredients to whip up this Autumn-flavored drink:
- unsweetened almondor cashew milk
- canned pumpkin
- xylitol (or use Gentle Sweet in half the amount)
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin spice
- collagen (optional, but a great source of protein if you’ll be drinking this as a snack)
- hot coffee
I’ve really been trying to watch my dairy intake lately as it’s been narrowed down as the source of a lot of inflammation and acne for me this pregnancy. So, as amazing as whipped cream is, I’ve been leaving it off when I make this Pumpkin Spice Latte, but thankfully, it still tastes incredible without it!
Without the whipped cream it’s also a Fuel Pull, which means I can enjoy it in any setting!
What do you prefer: whipped cream or no whipped cream?
This gourmet low carb Pumpkin Spice Latte tastes like something you'd order at a coffee shop in the Fall, but it's an easy THM Fuel Pull drink you make at home without special ingredients! Or, turn it into an S treat, and enjoy it with heaps of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg on top!
- 2 cups almond or cashew milk
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp xylitol (OR 1 tbsp Gentle Sweet)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp collagen powder
- 1/2 cup strong, hot coffee
- Optional garnish:
- Whipped Cream
- Nutmeg or Pumpkin Spice
- In a small saucepan, combine nut milk, pumpkin and sweetener. Cook and stir over medium heat until steaming. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and pie spice. Pour into blender with collagen and coffee; cover and blend until foamy.
- Pour into 2 mugs and enjoy immediately. Optional: garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg or pumpkin spice.
My other favorite warm drink for cooler weather is this Butter Caramel Hot Sip! This is an amazing alternative if you’re not a fan of pumpkin, or don’t want coffee in your drink. It has all the benefit of Bullet Proof Coffee sans the caffeine.