Every once in a while, I like to make ham and egg cups in a muffin tin for an easy protein-packed lunch. Brad and I enjoy them, but our kids think they’re too egg-y and bland. Our 5-year-old’s favorite food in the world is quiche, and the crispy ham of the egg cups make a great crust; I turned the filling into something quiche-like, and now we’ve got THM-friendly Ham & Broccoli Quiches that the whole family loves!
This THM S recipe is a frugal meal that doesn’t require any special ingredients. Easy to put together and very flavorful, these low carb Ham & Broccoli Quiches are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as an appetizer!
Low Carb Mini Ham & Broccoli Quiches
These incredibly easy, no-special-ingredient quiches are perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as an appetizer. Flavorful and high in protein, this recipe makes 12 mini quiches: perfect for a large family meal or make-ahead convenience.
- 12 slices of deli ham
- 8 strips of bacon, chopped
- 2 broccoli crowns, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp mineral salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375. Line each cup of a regular-sized ungreased muffin tin with a slice of deli ham. Set one cup of grated cheese aside to use as a topping later. Divide the other half evenly between the twelve muffin tins by sprinkling approx. 1 Tbsp of grated cheese on each slice of ham. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, scramble fry bacon, broccoli, onion, and butter together until onion is clear, bacon is crispy, and broccoli is tender-crisp.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt, and pepper together. Stir in broccoli mixture. Pour filling on top of the cheese inside the ham cups. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and the ham edges start to crisp.
15 thoughts on “Low Carb Mini Ham & Broccoli Quiches | THM: S, Keto”
These are WONDERFUL! I will have to make more tomorrow because my husband immediately ate three and asked me to set some aside for his bedtime snack. Easy, fast & great flavor! Thank you so much, this will be a family favorite. I really enjoy your site and every recipe of yours that I’ve tried has been excellent.
Thank you so much for letting me know! I’m glad you enjoyed them. ????
Would it be ok to use Turkey sausage instead of ham and asparagus instead of broccoli? I am just stating thm, and that’s what I have on hand.
Yes, that would be perfectly acceptable to use in an S setting!
What kind of deli ham do you use? Just plain ham or a smoked ham?
I’m an overweight man trying to eat more healthy. Your low carb mini quiche sounds great. Less ingredients the better. And on modest budget. Could you please e-mail me your recipes?for these low carb quiche ‘s and whatever you can for low carb. God bless you.
Thank you for all your lovely recipes that fall in line with the THM life style…. I am just starting and my largest obstacle is that my hubby is highly allergic to cheese. Do your Low-Carb mini Ham & Broccoli Quiches freeze well so that I could make them for my meal when he has his plain scrambled eggs or will they hold up in the fridge for 5-6 days???? Excited to try these.
Love your recipes! You list 2 broccoli crowns – what would you say would be an approx. equivalent measurement by cups? thanks!