Every once in a while, I like to make ham and egg cups in a muffin tin for an easy protein-packed lunch. Brad and I enjoy them, but our kids think they’re too egg-y and bland. Our 5-year-old’s favorite food in the world is quiche, and the crispy ham of the egg cups make a great crust; I turned the filling into something quiche-like, and now we’ve got THM-friendly Ham & Broccoli Quiches that the whole family loves!
This THM S recipe is a frugal meal that doesn’t require any special ingredients. Easy to put together and very flavorful, these low carb Ham & Broccoli Quiches are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as an appetizer!
- 12 slices of deli ham
- 8 strips of bacon, chopped
- 2 broccoli crowns, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp mineral salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375. Line each cup of a regular-sized ungreased muffin tin with a slice of deli ham. Set one cup of grated cheese aside to use as a topping later. Divide the other half evenly between the twelve muffin tins by sprinkling approx. 1 Tbsp of grated cheese on each slice of ham. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, scramble fry bacon, broccoli, onion, and butter together until onion is clear, bacon is crispy, and broccoli is tender-crisp.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt, and pepper together. Stir in broccoli mixture. Pour filling on top of the cheese inside the ham cups. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly and the ham edges start to crisp.