This Cheesy Cauliflower With Bacon is low-carb comfort food at its finest! Think Mac & Cheese (or “KD,” as we call it up here 🙂 ) ooey, gooey goodness with out any of the carbs!
Cheesy Cauliflower With Bacon makes an amazing side dish to wings, steak, burgers, or any other S meat. Or, if you’re craving a bowl of Mac & Cheese, you can enjoy a bowl or this on its own. It will fill you up without crossing fuels!
You don’t need any special ingredients for this recipe:
- riced cauliflower
- cream cheese
- Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- cheddar cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried parsley or green onion slices for garnish
If you don’t have riced cauliflower, or can’t find it, you can easily make your own for this recipe by running half a head of fresh cauliflower through a food processor or blender, or even a cheese grater.
I took the fast route by steaming my riced cauliflower in the microwave, but you can also do it in a saucepan on the stove. Just remember to drain it well once its tender.
Keep in mind that this dish is quite calorie-dense with all the different cheeses in it, so it’s best enjoyed responsibly and saved for occasional use.
- 5 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 cup grated cheddar, divided
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- dried parsley for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Pour riced cauliflower into a microwavable bowl with water and microwave on HIGH for 4-6 minutes or until softened, stirring halfway through. Drain and set aside.
- Fry bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel. Crumble when cooled. Discard all but 1 Tbsp of bacon drippings. Fry onions in reserved bacon grease until translucent. Add in cream cheese and hot sauce, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into a large casserole dish. Stir in cauliflower mayo, and 1/2 cup grated cheddar and other cheeses. Stir until smooth. Top with crumbled bacon and remaining 1/2 cup of grated cheddar.
- Bake at 350 F. for 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle on parsley for garnish.