This Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl is an easy, flavorful Trim Healthy Mama-friendly E dinner with a fiesta flair. If you want a Fuel Pull meal instead, you could omit the brown rice. For an S meal, you could stuff the roasted chicken and peppers in a low-carb wrap with sour cream and cheese. For an S helper, limit your rice to 1/4 cup or less, use sour cream instead of 0% fat Greek yogurt, and sprinkle on a little cheddar.
Serving this dish with a dollop of 0% Greek yogurt instead of sour cream keeps it lean, while still adding creaminess and extra protein. A squeeze of lime adds a fresh kick. I like to roast my chicken breast strips and pepper mixture on a stone bar pan to lock in the moisture.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 orange pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups brown rice
- 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Arrange sliced chicken breast, peppers, and onion on a baking sheet. Stir spices together in a small bowl and sprinkle over top. Pour on olive oil and use your hands or tongs to ensure the meat and vegetables are evenly coated. Bake on rimmed stoneware or foil-lined baking sheet at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked brown rice with a dollop of 0% fat Greek yogurt and squeeze on a bit of fresh lime juice.