Are you missing juice?
This Black Cherry Limeade GGMS is your healthy alternative! Our whole family loves the flavor of this one (even our little kiddies!), so this recipe makes an entire pitcher full.
My inspiration for this Sipper (the Trim Healthy Mama term for a drink you can enjoy all day, even in between meals, without crossing fuels) came after I read a comment in the main Trim Healthy Mama Facebook group from someone who real enjoy their Cerise Limón LaCroix!
On-plan Cerise Limón LaCroix (naturally-sweetened sparkling water – a great alternative to pop!)
“Cerise Limón” means “Cherry Lime,” and if you’ve never had those flavors together, it’s time to change that, girl! Make yourself some of this Black Cherry Limeade GGMS and see what I mean!
First, you’ll need to get your hands on some Black Cherry flavored tea. I used two Celestial Seasonings Black Cherry Berry tea bags to make my pitcher full.
Celestial Seasonings Black Cherry Berry Tea
Put 2 tea bags in a 1 quart Mason jar and pour in “off the boil” water until jar is full. Seal the lid and allow tea to cool to room temperature before placing in the fridge (do not remove teas bags). Refrigerate the tea until cold.
Once your tea has cooled completely in the fridge, remove and discard the tea bags and pour it into a large pitcher. Add 4 cups of cold or carbonated water to the pitcher, along with 1/4 lime juice (I “cheat” and used pre-bottled Santa Cruz lime juice made with pure limes), 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar “with the mother,” 1 tsp of liquid stevia extract, and a pinch of mineral salt.
Santa Cruz Lime Juice
Apple Cider Vinegar “with the mother”
Liquid Stevia Extract
Trim Healthy Mama’s Mineral Salt
Stir, and serve over ice!
Now you’ve got a sugar-free alternative to juice that will actually help your digestion, clear your skin, boost your metabolism, and lower your bad cholesterol! Enjoy this drink all day long with no guilt: it’s a Trim Healthy Mama-friendly sipper.
- 2 Black Cherry tea bags
- 8 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid stevia extract
- pinch of mineral salt
- Put 2 tea bags in a 1 quart Mason jar and pour in 4 cups "off the boil" water until the jar is full. Seal the lid and allow the tea to cool to room temperature before placing in the fridge (do not remove teas bags). Refrigerate the tea until cold.
- Once your tea has cooled completely in the fridge, remove and discard the tea bags and pour it into a large pitcher. Add 4 cups of cold or carbonated water to the pitcher, along with lime juice, apple cider vinegar, liquid stevia extract, and a pinch of mineral salt.
- Stir, and serve over ice.
"Own" this drink by tweaking it to your own liking! Use more or less of any ingredient and swap out regular water for carbonated water if you prefer a fizzy drink!