I usually make a mozzarella dough crust when we have pizza night (I use this recipe), but every once in a while, I just don’t have the time or ingredients to whip up a base. Instead of buying a store-bought pizza or ordering take-out and scraping off the toppings to stay on plan, these Meat-Lover Pizza Cups are tastier and faster to put together!
Made with no special ingredients, all you need is:
- 12 deli ham slices (the thinner they are, the crispier they get in the oven)
- sugar-free pizza sauce
- sugar-free bulk Italian sausage
- mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni slices
- crumbled bacon
Lining a 12-cup muffin tin with the ham slices makes a nice pocket for the rest of the toppings. You could throw some green peppers, red onion, or mushrooms on top for a bit of variety.
Obviously, these Meat-Lover Pizza Cups deliver a whole lot more protein than vegetables; don’t forget to pair them with some non-starchies for a nutritional boost if you’re eating them as a meal. These also make great appetizers and quick lunches through the busy holiday season. You can cook them up, store them in the fridge, and re-heat in the toaster oven or microwave.
These Meat-Lover Pizza Cups are essentially the very best parts of a pizza scraped off into a tasty little low-carb bowl! A fast and easy THM S.
- 12 deli ham slices
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 12 Tbsp sugar-free pizza sauce
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Brown Italian sausage in frying pan, draining excess grease.
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with ham slices. Divide sausage, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices, and bacon crumbles between each cup, in that order.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Broil for 1 minute until cheese bubbles and browns and the edges of the meat toppings look crispy.
- Remove pizza cups from muffin tin and set on paper towel to prevent the bottoms from getting wet. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate and re-heat in toaster oven or microwave.