Everyone needs a good, low-carb refrigerator cookie they can dunk or decorate! These ones stay together so well and are a cinch to make! You can enjoy them just as they are, or add a little nutmeg, orange extract, or dip them in melted Lily’s or Trim Healthy Mama chocolate chips before refrigerating for an extra special treat!
You don’t need any special ingredients for these low-carb refrigerator cookies. They are made entirely or things you probably already have in your kitchen:
Xylitol (or use Gentle Sweet in half the amount)
7 ingredients. That’s it!
These refrigerator cookies aren’t as crispy as the traditional variety, but they are sturdy, tender, and melt in your mouth!
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, very soft
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup xylitol (OR 1/8 cup Gentle Sweet)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Cream one egg at a time with very soft butter and vanilla. Mix sweetener, coconut flour, almond flour, and baking powder together in a separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients and stir until thick and well combined.
- Scoop batter into a row about 12" long on a large piece of plastic wrap. Inside plastic wrap, shape dough into a log. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Slice dough logs into approx. 15-20 cookies. Place on stoneware or parchment-lined cookie sheet and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Cookies will expand very slightly while baking. Bake at 350 F for 12-15 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely on a rack before storing in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
You can enjoy these cookie just as they are, or add a little nutmeg, orange extract, or dip them in melted Lily's or Trim Healthy Mama chocolate chips before refrigerating for an extra special treat.
Cookies are yummy straight out of the oven, but they taste the best the next day!