This Dill Pickle Pasta-less Salad is one of the easiest, tastiest salads I’ve ever had. It’s got all the tang and crunch of our former favorite pasta and potato salads, but without the carbs.
Even better, it’s inexpensive, full of protein, uses just a few on-hand ingredients, and is a cinch to prepare. Plus, leftovers can be refrigerated and enjoyed another day!
The idea of using chicken instead of pasta came to me after a fellow pickle-loving friend (I’m looking at you, Julie) shared a link to a mouth-watering, pickle-y pasta salad recipe on Facebook. It begged to be THM-ified. Taking out the pasta and replacing it with cubed chicken breast was good, but the chicken didn’t absorb all the pickle juice like pasta would, so the salad was too watery. I reworked the dressing measurements, left out a few ingredients, and this lunch-time favorite of mine is the result!
Dill Pickle Pasta-less Salad
This Dill Pickle Pasta-less Salad has all the tang and crunch of your favorite pasta and potato salads, but without the carbs. A quick and easy THM S with no special ingredients!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- mineral salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, diced
- 1/3 cup sugar-free mayo (Duke's)
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 3 Tbsp pickle juice
- scant 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. Lay chicken breasts in baking dish. Season lightly with mineral salt and ground pepper. Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes. Cool. Cube chicken into bite-sized chunks (You should have approx. 1 1/2 cups.)
- Add cubed chicken, chopped pickles, and diced cheddar to a bowl. In a smaller bowl, stir mayo, sour cream, pickle juice, and cayenne pepper together to make the dressing. Pour over chicken, pickles, and cheddar. Enjoy!
Don't be alarmed at the high heat in which you cook the chicken. Cooking chicken breasts at a higher temperature for a shorter amount of time ensures the juices get seared in, so your chicken will be succulent instead of dried out.
Fresh dill makes a wonderful addition to this salad if you have it on hand.
5 thoughts on “Dill Pickle Pasta-less Salad | THM: S”
This was awesome! So flavorful! I snuck a bit more veggies in with a stalk of celery.
Thanks for your wonderful recipes.
I would love to try this recipe for the Dill Pickle pasta less Salad! I am following keto, and I need to know the macros, in particular, the carbs and protein. Can you send me that info?
Would canned chicken work?