This soup looks like a bowl of melted cheese, but it’s actually a disguise for 4 different vegetables! Cauliflower, onion, red and green peppers blend together with seasonings, cream, and cheddar for a deliciously flavorful THM S soup.
You could add bacon, scrambled pork sausage or any other type of meat to this soup, if you’d like. Chicken broth, sea salt, and black pepper are the only seasonings called for, but you can spice it up with a bit of chili powder, add a bit of smokiness with paprika, or maybe opt for a more cheeseburger-y taste with the addition of onion or garlic powder.
- 2 heads of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch of ground pepper
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Place cauliflower, peppers, and onion in a large pot. Pour chicken broth, salt, and pepper over top and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are very soft. Blitz in the blender until smooth, and return to pot. Over low heat, add in half and half and cheese, stirring until cheese is melted and thoroughly incorporated. Serve and enjoy!
Scramble fried pork sausage is a wonderful addition to this soup!