One of the things people miss on the THM Plan is breaded Fried chicken; while this isn’t exactly that, it’s an amazing chicken dish that just might replace it for you :).
The bacon helps keep the chicken breasts nice and tender, and two-hour marination ensures it’s full of zippy mustard flavor. Fried mushrooms and sharp cheddar add bite, and a garnish of green onions pretties it all up.
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Gentle Sweet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, partially cooked
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, sweetener, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and lemon juice.
- Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in remaining oil on all sides. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Spoon reserved marinade over chicken. Top with cheese and mushrooms. Place bacon strips in a crisscross pattern over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with parsley.