This 5 Ingredient Chicken Parmesan is one of our family’s favorite recipes and certainly one of the easiest to make! The kids call it “Pizza Chicken” because it really does taste like pizza. It’s my go-to recipe when I’m pressed for time (it only takes 5 minutes to prepare), but delicious enough to serve company.
It’s also a Trim Healthy Mama friendly recipe if you use a sugar-free tomato sauce like the one pictured below. It’s an ‘S’ dish because of the fat in the cheeses.
- one package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (my grocery store sells 8-9 in a pack)
- one jar of tomato sauce (President’s Choice’s Spicy Roasted Garlic sauce is our favorite and it’s sugar-free!)
- mozzarella cheese
- cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese
Directions: Spread the chicken thighs in an ungreased 9×13 baking dish. Dump on the jar of tomato sauce.
Bake at 350 F’ for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is hot and bubbly.
Serve over Dreamfields pasta, or enjoy on its own with a salad.
Here’s the printable!
5 Ingredient Chicken Parmesan
- 8 or 9 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 640ml jar of sugar-free tomato sauce such as President's Choice's Spicy Roasted Garlic
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Spread the chicken thighs in an ungreased 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over top of chicken.
- Sprinkle on cheeses.
- Bake at 350 F' for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is hot and bubbly.
13 thoughts on “5 Ingredient Chicken Parmesan”
The recipe looks awesome and thank you for making it printable.
This looks easy and yummy! Tx. Who sells President’s Choice? I hope not Costco or SAMs Club.
I found the President’s Choice sauce at Zehrs, but I think most Lobelaw’s stores would sell it. However, I’m Canadian, so I’m not sure that helps you!
If you are eating pasta and cheese how is this THE approved?
Dreamfields pasta is theoretically low carb, and on-plan as a personal choice item, so with that it’s still an S. I’m guessing that the suggestion to have it over pasta, rice or quinoa is for her non-THMing readers.
How long do you cook it if the chicken is frozen?
Looks delish, and is on the menu tomorrow night! Would you guess this is about 2lbs of chicken breasts? Thanks for sharing!
Apparently you can’t put the chicken in there raw unless you wanna wait 200 hours for it to cook. You guys might wanna day to cook the chicken beforehand, just saying