If you’re looking for a tasty, Trim Healthy Mama-friendly breakfast for Christmas morning, this egg bake fits the bill!
Broccoli florets and red peppers give it a festive flair, and ground bulk Italian sausage provides plenty of flavor. The addition of cheese and cream make this dish a wonderful, easy, no-special-ingredient S.
Yield: 4 servings
Christmas Morning Breakfast Bake
A very flavorful, festive-looking egg bake that's perfect for Christmas morning! A THM S.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1/2 lb. bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 broccoli crown, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Fry sausage in skillet until sausage is no longer pink. Drain excess fat and return to burner. Add in vegetables and cook until onions are clear and broccoli is tender-crisp. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper, and cream. Stir into sausage and vegetable mixture. Stir in cheeses. Pour into a lightly greased 8" baking dish. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
2 thoughts on “Christmas Morning Egg Bake | THM: S”
Can I make this the night before then bake it? Or freeze and bring?
Hello, sorry to give a review that has tweaks but they are small ones! Made this with bacon instead of sausage this morning and milk instead of cream and it was wonderful! Very delicious. Thank you very much