If you’re looking for a tasty, Trim Healthy Mama-friendly breakfast for Christmas morning, this egg bake fits the bill!
Broccoli florets and red peppers give it a festive flair, and ground bulk Italian sausage provides plenty of flavor. The addition of cheese and cream make this dish a wonderful, easy, no-special-ingredient S.
- 1/2 lb. bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 broccoli crown, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Fry sausage in skillet until sausage is no longer pink. Drain excess fat and return to burner. Add in vegetables and cook until onions are clear and broccoli is tender-crisp. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper, and cream. Stir into sausage and vegetable mixture. Stir in cheeses. Pour into a lightly greased 8" baking dish. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.