This rich, decadent Peanut Butter Cheesecake is one of my all-time favorite Trim Healthy Mama-friendlyrecipes! It feels like a total cheat, but it’s actually a heavy S (use as a treat, since it’s quite calorie dense).
It’s not a baked cheesecake, which means it won’t crack and there’s no need for a water bath; a perfect recipe for a rookie Trim Healthy Mama! Plus, it only takes 20 minutes to make, serves a large crowd, and is so decadent and delicious, even non-THM’s won’t know they’re missing the carbs and sugar! In fact, our oldest son requests it for his birthday every year!
Made with no special ingredients, you probably have everything on hand to whip up this peanut butter cheesecake today. It contains a few pantry staples (sugar-free peanut butter, almond flour,xylitol or Gentle Sweet, and dark chocolate), and a few standard refrigerator ingredients (cream cheese, butter, and whipping cream).
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp xyltiol (OR 1 Tbsp Gentle Sweet)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup xylitol (OR 1/2 cup Gentle Sweet)
- 2 8-oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp xylitol (OR 1 Tbsp Gentle Sweet)
- 1/2 bar 85% cocoa Lindt chocolate, chopped
- Optional: roasted peanuts for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Melt butter in saucepan with first amount of xylitol, until sweetener is dissolved. Stir in almond flour and press into the bottom of a 9" spring-form pan. Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are golden. Cool.
- In the meantime, add second amount of xylitol to whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In another bowl or mixer, blend cream cheese and peanut butter together. Fold in whipped cream until completely blended. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of crust and let it chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Melt third amount of xylitol in heavy cream. Remove from heat and stir in and chocolate until smooth. Spoon into a plastic sandwich bag and snip off a corner. Drizzle chocolate over cheesecake. Refrigerate until chocolate has hardened (about 10 minutes). Optional: garnish with roasted peanuts.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!