Our 2 year-old adores these little protein-packed, sugar-free, gluten-free, PB & J muffins, and it’s no wonder – they really do taste like a mouthful of peanut butter and jam!
This recipe makes 30-32 mini muffins that freeze well and are perfect for lunches and snacks on the go. Made with no special ingredients, all that’s required is dumping everything into the blender (I have a Ninja and it works wonderfully for recipes like this one), pulsing it together, pouring the batter into muffin liners, and inserting a raspberry into each tin.
If you don’t care for raspberries, try another favorite flavor combination and add a few Lily’s chocolate chips to the batter for a Reese-tasting muffin instead!
These muffins are a Trim Healthy Mama compliant S.
These delightful little protein-packed muffins taste like a mouthful of peanut butter and jam! A delicious THM S that kids will love, too.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup xylitol (OR 1/4 cup Gentle Sweet)
- 1/4 cup butter, very soft
- 1/2 tsp mineral salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cashew or almond milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line mini muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Add all ingredients (except raspberries) to blender and blend until thoroughly combined. Use a muffin scoop to pour batter into muffin liners. Insert 1 large raspberry (or 2 small ones) into each muffin tin. Use a a fork to cover the top of the berry with batter.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you're not a fan of raspberries, you could leave them out, or add a few Lily's chocolate chips for a Reese tasting muffin instead!