Dark Chocolate Cream Dessert is the delicacy to make when you’re short on time, groceries, and motivation. It’s completely on plan (a THM S), but tastes like something you’d eat if you wanted to cheat in a really bad way.
Not counting the garnish, this rich dessert requires only 5 on-hand ingredients. Essentially, you melt chocolate and an on-plan sweetener (I used xylitol, but you can also use half the amount in Gentle Sweet) together in whipping cream, and set it with unflavored gelatin.
Topped with naturally sweetened whipped cream and strawberries (or any other berry), this is as easy as healthy decadence gets! This recipe makes 6 servings. That may seem like too small of a portion at first glance, but believe me, this stuff is so rich, it’s all you’ll have room for.
A rich, decadent chocolate THM S dessert made from just 5 on-hand ingredients. It feels like a cheat, but it's 100% on plan!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 bar Lindt 85% chocolate
- 2 1/2 Tbsp xylitol (OR 1 1/4 Tbsp Gentle Sweet)
- 1 Tbsp gelatin
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- naturally sweetened whipping cream
- strawberries or raspberries
- Melt heavy cream, chocolate, and sweetener together over medium heat until simmering, but not boiling. Stir often until chocolate is completely melted and sweetener is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve gelatin in cold water or according to directions. Pour into whipping cream mixture and stir until gelatin is fully incorporated.
- Lightly butter 6 ramekins. Pour in warm chocolate cream. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Garnish with naturally sweetened whipped cream and berries.