I am so happy it’s asparagus season where we live. These tender green spears are one of my favorite Spring vegetables. They are a Trim Healthy Mama Fuel Pull on their own, which means they can be used in S or E meals, but my favorite way to prepare them is as an oven-roasted side for dinner with bacon, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, a little sea salt and pepper (an S dish).
Easy to put together, and made with no special ingredients, this recipe is a wonderful accompaniment to another Trim Healthy Mama favorite: Chicken Cordon Bleu. Drizzle the Dijon sauce over the roasted asparagus to kick it up another notch!
The simplest, most delicious way to enjoy asparagus spears in a Trim Healthy Mama S setting!
- 12 strips of bacon
- 2 bundles of asparagus
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan
- 1/2 a lemon
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F Line strips of bacon on baking sheet. Use parchment paper if you're using a metal baking sheet; skip the parchment if you're using stoneware (recommended).
- Cook bacon for 15-20 minutes, or until desired crispness. Transfer bacon to paper towel and drain all but 1 Tbsp of bacon grease from pan.
- Trim asparagus ends. Spread spears onto baking sheet, rolling them around to coat in reserved bacon fat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and crumble on cooked bacon. Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until tender.
- Squeeze on juice of half a lemon before serving.