When we visited Texas almost 2 years ago, we enjoyed a great deal of Tex-Mex cuisine – a favorite flavor of ours! Our visit there inspired this chicken soup: a THM E that can be whipped together lickety-split!
In approximately 5 minutes, using mostly canned or leftover ingredients like chicken broth, sugar-free salsa, corn, pinto beans, and lime juice, you’ll have a pot full of soup ready for simmering. Serve with a loaf or two of sourdough bread and you’ll be able to feed a large family on-plan and very inexpensively.
A speedy and flavorful THM E recipe for Drive Thru Sues with a fiesta flair! Fabulous for lunch or dinner.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar-free salsa
- 1 cup corn, fresh, frozen, or canned and drained
- 2 cups canned pinto or black beans
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Add cooked and shredded chicken to saucepan. Stir in chicken broth, water, salsa, corn and beans. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add cilantro, lime juice, and ground pepper. Stir and serve.
Round out this E meal with a slice or two of sourdough bread.
Or, top your soup with sour cream and cheese for a delicious Crossover.
For a Fuel Pull soup, omit the corn and beans from the recipe.
P.S. Did y’all notice the sticker mark on the bowl? I didn’t…until I uploaded the photos on my camera to the computer! Oops! Blogging bloopers.